Set goals bigger than yourself

This is how these all started. After I gave birth to my son, our situation was unimaginable. I was the one "in-charge" in finances and my husband was a house-husband. I've had lots of headache thinking how to make ends meet but hey I was happy then. We lived way below the lifestyle I had when I was single. At first it didn't bother me. All my concern was to live within our means. My husband wasn't really contented of the idea of getting into debt to buy unnecessary things. He never wanted to buy anything. I would tell him sorry for not having enough money to live a fancy life and he would respond me "masaya ako kahit ganito lang tayo" with a smile on his face. We never argued about money. Perhaps this is the reason why I was genuinely happy. As days go by, my husband and I started to talk about our future plans, how we would like to buy ricelands someday, farm, build a house back home and why not a nice car. We started to dream. We would think of going back home someday and send our son to one of the best schools there is in the country. Quietly I started to feel bad about our situation. There I started to read forums on pinoyexchange and pinoymoneytalk. There's this thread about earning ones "first million pesos". I was impressed by how some of them made it. And so I told myself that at the age of 30 i want to have a million pesos too. I was overwhelmed I thought my heart would explode. There was this burning desire inside me. I pictured how would it feel having such amount of money. But then, our current finacial situation would never allow us to even get closer to a 10th of that amount before my 30th bday. But I did not lose hope..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 years forward since my last post

Frugality and criticism

Winners find ways